Monday, 8 February 2010

Changing Chips

After a week of trying to get my PIC to work and failing. I went on to talk to Jon in my weekly 1 to 1. He seemed frustrated as to the lack of progress made and urged me to make up for this in the next week and opened up the possibility of using a new chip, Arduino. At first this was intimidating but after loading it up and looking at some of the example programs such as 'Button' and 'Blink' i found that this may just be as easy as the PIC programming language. The following week will be dominated by working out how to incorporate more LED's and learning how to define these.

The Arduino Duemilanove Chip

The USB A - B cable used to connect it to the laptop.

No comments:

Post a Comment